Bordón Viña Sole
Bordón Viña Sole is a tribute to Rioja vines. It is only produced when the vintage is rated as “very good” or “excellence”. Limited production of this 2017 RESEVE with only 6,171 bottles.
The vines grow in alluvial soil, the remnants of an ancient glacier in Sojuela. The vineyard is oriented towards the north, which is perfect to resist the hottest summers, and located at some 640 m a.s.l., with vines that are on average 80 years old. These are perfect conditions for age-worthy wines.
The must is fermented in contact with the grape skins and pulp, with a daily pump-over. The wine undergoes malolactic fermentation in 225 l Bordeaux barrels.
18 months in French and American oak barrels (with lees). The wine is stirred weekly to rotate the lees, thus obtaining more volume in the wine naturally. This is accompanied by racking every 6 months.
A straw yellow colour with a golden sheen. On the nose: hints of spice and balsam stand out. In the mouth: creamy and aromatic, great persistence, with notes of toasting and dried fruits.
Fish, white meats, appetizers, aperitifs.
18 months in new French and American oak
Straw yellow with golden hues
Hints of spice and balsamic
Perfect creamy structure
- Contains sulfites
- Great Gold Medal, Mundus Vini
- Great Gold Medal, Concurso de Vinos Real Casino de Madrid
- 91 points, Penin Guide
- 92 points, Gourmets Guide
- 92 points, Andreas Larsson
- 93 points, Tim Atkin
- Gold Medal, Best of Spain Wine Challenge Paises Bajos
- Gold Medal, Sélections Mondiales Des Vins
- Gold Medal – Best Of Show Rioja White, Mundus Vini
- Great Gold Bacchus, Bacchus